Bring a Friend Sweepstakes Rules
MIDFLORIDA Credit Union will enter you to win $10,000 when you refer a friend to bank with MIDFLORIDA and the referred friend opens a checking account during the promotional period of October 18, 2013 – October 11, 2014. Anyone who opens their account as a result of a referral will also receive an entry into the sweepstakes. The total value of the promotion is $10,000.
- To be eligible to win, you must have a checking account with MIDFLORIDA Credit Union and refer someone to open a new checking account with MIDFLORIDA Credit Union. Referring member must complete a referral form in its entirety to include full name, physical address, city, state and ZIP. Referred member must present completed referral form at account opening during the promotional period of October 18, 2013 through October 11, 2014. Both the referring member and referred member will be registered to win.
- New member must not share a household with referring member, you cannot refer yourself and secondary checking accounts will not qualify.
- Entries will be manually generated based on the presentation of a completed referral form at account opening. One entry for the new primary member and one entry for the referring primary member will be generated for each qualifying referral card submitted.
- Drawing will be conducted electronically by 9:00 a.m. on October 14, 2014, at MIDFLORIDA’s Corporate Offices located at 129 S. Kentucky Ave., Lakeland, FL.
- This promotion is valid within MIDFLORIDA’s service area.
- Entry tickets may be requested by mail by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to MIDFLORIDA Credit Union, Attn: Marketing Department, 129 S. Kentucky Ave., Suite 900, Lakeland, FL 33801. An entry ticket will be mailed to you for completion. Entry tickets must be mailed back to the Marketing Department, received during the promotional period and must be postmarked no later than October 6, 2014 to be entered into the drawing.
- To be eligible to win, you must be at least 18 years or older and have a valid Social Security number. Referrals made by minors or accounts opened by minors will not qualify for this promotion. Officers and employees of banks, credit unions and other financial institutions are not eligible. The publicity in connection with the sweepstakes and the awarding of the prize are valuable to the credit union; therefore, persons who have been convicted of a felony, arrested for or charged with a felony, are the subject of a current felony investigation, or who have a reputation for immorality or dishonesty which would, in the opinion of the credit union, adversely affect the reputation or public image of the credit union, are not eligible to win. By entering, you consent to criminal, credit, and background checks and consumer reports to determine eligibility.
- You need not be present to win.
- No entry fee, payment or proof of purchase is required to enter.
- One entry per completed referral, referred new checking account or mail-in request.
- Credit union employees, officials, vendors and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
- If you are selected as a winner, you agree that your name and likeness, including photographs, will be listed in MIDFLORIDA’s marketing materials promoting this sweepstakes, including newspaper ads and social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.).
- Winnings will be reported to IRS and winner will be responsible for all applicable taxes.
- The credit union will send notification to the winner by using contact information currently on file with the credit union for the winning account holder or information submitted by mail-in entry ticket. Winner must claim the prize within seven (7) calendar days after notification is sent by submitting to the credit union a properly completed “MIDFLORIDA Prize Claim and Publicity Release Form.” If prize is unclaimed within seven (7) calendar days after notification is sent, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be drawn.
- Winner’s accounts must be in good standing. If winner’s accounts are not in good standing, the credit union may require the accounts to be brought into good standing prior to awarding the prize.
- All decisions of the credit union in regard to this promotion are final and binding. By entering, participants release and hold harmless the credit union from all liability in connection with the promotion or any prize won.