Check Advance provides an extra cushion for your checking account to protect you in the event you make a mistake in keeping track of your account.
Check Advance offers extra protection on most checking accounts against bouncing checks or having a transaction denied by allowing your account to be overdrawn up to an established limit. By going beyond your available balance, you can avoid those embarrassing situations at the register.
All Personal Checking Accounts except Freedom Banking
|1 month account history
||12 months membership plus $2,000 monthly deposits*
Freedom Banking after 12 months membership
|with $1,000 monthly deposits*
||Deposits* plus 3 repaid transactions
*3 consecutive months.
- Up to $1,000 Overdraft Protection on all types of withdrawal transactions
Includes checks, ACH, ATM and everyday debit card transactions
- Withdraw Cash – If you need money and your balance is low, you can make an in-person withdrawal for up to $1,000 cash
- Low Overdraft Fee – Pay only $10 on your first debit card overdraft each month. Plus, no overdraft fee is charged when the transaction amount is $5 or less.
What are the costs of using Check Advance?
Anytime your account is overdrawn by a transaction greater than $5, you will be charged an overdraft fee. However, you are spared the additional fees that may be charged by the merchant for a returned item. In addition, if your account remains negative for more than 5 days, a fee will apply.
- $10 – for the first debit card overdraft each month. After that, $30 each.
- $30 – for all other types of overdrafts (checks, ACH, online bill payments).
- $5 – negative balance fee for each day after 5 days, up to $50 per occurrence.
What types of transactions are covered?
Checks, ACH (Automated Clearing House) transactions, in-person withdrawals and Online Banking transactions/payments are automatically covered by Check Advance. However, in order to have your ATM and everyday debit card transactions included, you must opt in by completing and submitting the Opt In Disclosure Form.
Overdraft Opt In Form for ATM and Everyday Debit Card Transactions
What you need to know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
You must be 18 years or older. If your account carries a negative balance of $30 or higher for 15 days or more, the service may be cancelled without notice. Check Advance limit can adjust monthly based on changes in your deposit and account history. Overdraft fees are deducted from Check Advance limit.