MIDFLORIDA is excited to announce the acquisitions of the Florida assets of First American Bank as well as Community Bank & Trust of Florida. The combination of these three financial institutions will provide customers with a broadened suite of products and services, as well as an extensive branch network spanning as far north as Gainesville all the way down to Naples. As we work to deliver these benefits and more, we are equally focused on making this transition as seamless as possible for you - our customer.
For more information about the closing dates and conversions for each merger, follow the links below.
First American Bank
Community Bank & Trust
Why bank with a credit union?
You may have questions about who we are and what makes a credit union a notable place to bank. While there are many reasons, here are the top few:
- MIDFLORIDA offers a full suite of retail and commercial products and services. The two bank additions will further complement our product lines so we can meet all your financial needs.
- We offer unparalleled convenience with 7 am to 7 pm drive-thru hours every weekday and full-service Saturday hours.
- MIDFLORIDA has served Central Florida since 1954, offering membership to anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school within 38 Florida counties.
- Throughout our 65-year history, we've received a consistent five-star rating from Bauer Financial. At $3.5 billion in assets, the credit union is strong, secure and well capitalized.
- Deposits accounts are insured by NCUA up to $250,000 per account category. The NCUA is a federal agency created by the U.S. Congress which administers the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund and offers similar deposit insurance to that of the FDIC.
- As a member-owned financial institution, earnings are returned to our members through better savings rates, lower loan rates and reduced fees.